[LargeFormat] wollensak optimo

Scot largeformat@f32.net
Sat Mar 23 23:14:48 2002

A while back I got a old Woolensack Optimo Shutter with a Kodak no 4 lens.

The lens is real nice but the shutter only seems to fire at one speed. It
doesn't seem to trip the timer. I can't figure how to get this thing open to
look at the innards, anyone ever gotten into these before? There is a small
nib that unscrews to reveal a small brass rod with a hole in the end of it.
Is this supposed to attach to something inside? It isn't in my lens.

Also a LF search I found that someone soaked these old lenses in lighter
fluid to ungum them (after removing the elements). Are the shutter leaves
and other what nots in the older lenses all capable of withstanding this
treatment?

Thanks,
Scot