[LargeFormat] darkroom horrors (was philosophy)

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sat Mar 23 00:53:08 2002

Brock,

Amusingly, not pictured is the stainless steel sinkline with the heated
water jacket. I bring it in through the thermostatically controlled
Lawler valve (Chrome body that divides the copper into left (unfiltered)
and right (filtered and flow controled)) by looking at the faucet and
tapping the thermometer. The valve is supposed to keep constant temp of
the water coming in.  once the tempered water is in the water jacket.
Now I suspect once up to temp and at rest,  the 18-20 gallons of liquid
would have a fairly long cooling period. But as I said before, I'm a
compulsive over engineer and I found a Calumet heated recirculating pump
cheap that should keep the chemicals fairly constant over a 4 or 5 hour
period.  It uses 110 rather than Plutonium, the Plutonium may be cheaper
in the long run, but the AC doesn't fog the film like the surplus
Russian 236.

The Thermostatic valve I salvaged out of the lab at the old JD Power
building in Detroit before it came down.

I've had it for ten years and never hooked it up, but I have to say for
the amount of frustration in leaks and the cost of the rebuild kit, I
would have bought an Intellifaucet in a heart beat.