[LargeFormat] Keeping Film Cool (was Re: A new departure)

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Mon Mar 11 15:41:07 2002

From: Clive Warren <cocam@cableinet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Keeping Film Cool (was Re: A new departure)
<snip>
As for temperatures, the inside of the car is hotter than the outside
temp and some places even in May in Utah have a very high ambient
temp. The trunk of the car seems to get nearly as hot as the
passenger area. In addition to the cooler bag, the high tog sleeping
bag is also wrapped around the cooler and any other camera kit which
helps to keep them cool.

Some of the areas I visit are very hot eg Valley of Fire, Kodachrome
Basin and off the beaten track in Monument Valley

Maybe this sort of cooling frenzy is overkill, however it seems to me
that this is one of those life curves that I can plan for.....
<snip>

Glad to hear that you're carrying the water Clive.  The SW USA is a far cry
from what I hear you have in the British Isles and I wouldn't want to see
you dry up and blow away.:)

I'm sure you know this, but levaing the windows of the car cracked just a
little bit allows some of that hot air to escape.

Good luck and keep cool!

Regards, Pete