[LargeFormat] Brownish stained negative

Thomas Huettemann largeformat@f32.net
Mon Mar 11 10:01:32 2002

Dear Uncle Dick,

>      Did you develop the sheet of film in the Nova tank system that you
> bought? I ask because I recently solved a difficult problem with prints that
> sounds similar to your rusty negative.

No, I developed in a tray - forget to mention it in my first post. I do
developing and fixing emulsion-side up  --- as far as I know, this is not
optimal for fixing, but prevents the emulsion from being scratched by the
tray ... so, my best guess still is insufficient agitation during fix or
just too short a fixing time. Both SHOULD not have happened (in
particular, I measured the time it takes to clear a piece of HP5+, and
fixed twice as long; this policy works perfect for 35mm), but who knows ?

(By the way, my Nova processor started leaking heavily. I'll send it back
to Nova to have it repaired - they seem very concerned about it themselves !)

	Thomas