[LargeFormat] A new departure

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Wed Mar 6 23:55:01 2002

|     Which brings me to the point of this all - I have a new Pelican case
| store the Linhof. It is big - I have slept in smaller bedrooms than this
| case. And it is airtight, which I proved by evacuating the air and then
| trying to get the damn thing open. I assume it is waterproof.

I think that's a safe assumption!  I played with my pelican case on a flight
once... sealed it on the ground and almost couldn't get it out of the
overhead luggage compartment as it then resembled a balloon.  Released the
pressure then re-tightened the air release valve and the sides were flexed
in substantially when we landed again.  I don't think that's recommended
practice, but hey, it was a 14 hour flight and I had to entertain myself
somehow ;-)

It's also the only case I'll let the baggage manglers toss around.  Although
after a trip a few years ago I'm not entirely confident anymore... the
manglers didn't quite get the conveyor close enough to the 767.  Eventually
the guy on the ground noticed the pile of bags collecting under the plane
and I could see him and his partner in the cargo compartment having a good
laugh....'dooohh....doh ho, look what we do...dooh!'

Brock