[LargeFormat] Graflex Book - Speed and Crown

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sun Feb 24 09:42:01 2002

At 6:25 pm -0800 23/2/02, Les Newcomer wrote:
snip
>Now on the flip side, I'm working towards working on a book about Speed and
>Crown Cameras and all of their accessories and such.  The book needs to be
>well illustrated and while part of me want's to shoot everything with a
>(mini) speed graphic. That part quickly dissapears when I think of having to
>print 150 'catalog shots' by hand to a very specific size.  On the other
>hand, a CoolPix 950, some flourescent lights in a softbox, a roll of paper
>and a frame of PVC and I've got a quick and efficient studio until dinner
>time, when I have to clean off the table. And after dinner I can download,
>size and shape in a tiny fraction of what it would take to get the Atwater
>Kent* in the darkroom warmed up.
>
>*it came with my Elwood Pattern Works enlarger.
>
>les

Can understand the evangelist desire to use only Graflex products -
if the company were still around you would be receiving job offers....

If you need any more shots then there is a range of Graflex products
sitting around me here. One of the more unusual items is a Miniature
Speed Graphic with a factory retro fitted Graflok back - let me know.
Guess that you have Graphic Graflex  Photography books - on my
shelves: 8th Edition 1947; 8th Edition (1950 printing); 8th Edition
(1948 printing). There is a copyright statement from the publishers,
Morgan and Lester - if they are still around they may allow repro in
a good cause.

Also have some original instruction books for some items if I can
remember where they are.....