[LargeFormat] Flash Bulbs

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Feb 22 12:48:26 2002

At 02:41 22/02/02 +0000, LargeFormat@davidmorton.org wrote:
>Clive Warren wrote:
>
>"Talking of which, anyone have any idea how much current in amps one
>of the the large flash bulbs (size of a domestic light bulb) takes to
>fire it?"
>
>Ones like the PF200, PF300 and PF330 take about 3A.
>
>A useful site if you're into this sort of thing: http://www.meggaflash.com

David, thanks for the URL - had come across the site a long time ago and
forgotten about it.  Some of the cave photos are rather impressive. Not too
sure I would like to be that far below the surface though.....

A guide number of over 500 for 100ASA film rings a bell for the bulbs that
will be used.  Now that's proper light :-)