[LargeFormat] extreme ebay madness

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Feb 14 08:24:24 2002

At 06:02 14/02/02 -0500, Guy Glorieux wrote:
>But then there are some really good deals if you're in no hurry.  There
>was an old Ries large format head which went for $25 to the sole bidder
>who placed a bid.  The head looked in very good condition.  The ting is
>to be in no hurry and do your homework.
>
>For those interested in books, agreat source is to check BookFinder.com
>http://www.bookfinder.com/
>It's amazing the deals that you can find for used books across the US
>and I think overseas too.

You can get some good deals, however they are fewer and further between. I
recently picked up an old 1950s book that I have only heard about before,
'Photographic Optics by Greenleaf . This was not exactly inexpensive,
however having looked around for it a while ago it ain't that common either!

Thanks for the bookfinder URL - it seems that I paid less than half the
going rate for a copy of the book. A result!

Those LF lenses are still going for more than you can buy them for new
though...... unbelievable...