[LargeFormat] Focusing Loupes (was Re: Darkcloth hoods?)

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 13 20:42:05 2002

I have the Toyo too, as well as a 4x loupe that fuji gave away here for 80
box tops from 35mm film, it's very very good.  I also have a brass loupe
made by Darlot from about 1870-90 or so.

My wife got the uneviable job of stickering all my slides-- I gave her all
three and she picked the oldest one. Said it was sharper than the
multi-coated high tech versions.

for hard to focus lenses (say Tele-dagor) I've managed to stick a coverslide
to the rough ground glass first with mineral oil. It won't stay for ever but
I'm still working up the courage to put my gg in the oven at 350 with a rock
of canada balsam. and it allows me to look at the aerial image with a 10x
loupe--one of those small ones that get you too close to the gg.