[LargeFormat] Temperature (+Lynne Cohen)

Tim Atherton largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 27 14:53:56 2002

sounds like you have our weather down there now Dave...  :-)  We got a
windchill of -58c last weekend in Yellowknife (actual temp was -47c I
think) - I didn't even want to try start the car, never mind take a camera
outside!.

Read through the book of Lynne Cohen's work No Mans Land instead - amazing
LF interiors - bizarre, creepy, weird - yet everyday and "normal". I can't
believe I've never come across this Canadian (well, now she is, anyway)
Photographers work before. Typical of us - she's better known in Paris, NY
and Lausanne than here. Mind you, she is an Artist, so that probably means
she can't be regarded as a "real" photographer.

Anyway, I'm blown away by her work - I'm tempted to head for her show soon
at the National Gallery.

tim a