[LargeFormat] Temperature

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jan 25 22:50:13 2002

Dear Les,

     40 degrees F in Michigich in January. We are definitely going to hell
in a handbasket.

    36 degrees C here in Perth in January. Good for the darkroom as this
translates to 32 degrees C in the actualy space and I can shut off the
heater in the Nova and just dip the colour paper. Also can break out the 20
x 24 Ilford tanks and slop RA 4 chemicals around bigger sheets of paper
without a water bath.

    Comes time to develop B/W film it is a choice between a developing time
of 8 seconds or using the cold water jug out of the fridge. I get growled at
for this as it also forms the basis for Koolaid etc. I have offered to let
the rest of the family have the used developer as a basis for the cool
drinks but they have jibbed at this.

    One day, just as an experiment - and it might be worth an article in the
local idiot rag - I shall try mixing the Ilfosol with cold beer. I have done
worse things with handy liquids before and who knows what the phototrendies
will make of it.

    Uncle Dick