[LargeFormat] 220 volts versus 110 volts versus TMX readyloads

Paul and Paula Butzi largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 20 19:48:01 2002

> I was taught that it is amps that kill not volts

Until your flesh begins to char and your body fluids boil
and electrolyze, your body's resistance is more or less
constant.

Mr. Ohm taught us all that I=E/R, that is, current is equal
to voltage divided by resistance.  If the resistance is the same
and you double the voltage, you will double the current (unless
the current is limited in some way, as with current regulated
supplies, static electricity, or a circuit breaker).

Given a choice between grabbing a 220 volt source
with my bare hands, and grabbing a 110 volt source, I will
choose the 110 source, thanks.

But I would far rather set up my TK45s and expose some
film, which I did today.  It's a hell of a lot more interesting
than discussing grisly death by electrocution.  Tomorrow
looks like film processing day, I have a huge backlog
and need to get caught up.

And I sure like single sheet readyloads.  They're swell,
and that's about all I have to say about that.  They beat
110v and 220v all hollow.

And my Arca-Swiss B1 was getting grabby, but I lubed
it with some dry silicone lubricant spray and it works great
now.

-Paul