[LargeFormat] Wooden Field Camera Jigsaws (was: re: A most useful manufac...

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jan 18 12:28:06 2002

Clive,

When I built my 4x5 I used two kinds of glue.  One here in the states is
called guarilla glue.  I'ts great stuff. Hard as nails and dosn't seperate.
It stains the heck out of your skin when you use it, but dosen't come apart
in the seams. It's an expanding glue so after you put it on and clamp it it
squizes out all over the place. You cut that off and sand down your wood and
finish normaly.  I also used a regular wood glue like tightbond which I'm
sure you can find anywhere.  If you can't find it there let me know   perhaps
I could send you some.

By the way you said you have a machine shop.  I'm intersted in building a
8x10 field camera, but I'm horrible with metal perhaps you could help me out
with the metal parts.

Thanks

Greg (Geo) Orlando