[LargeFormat] Equipment Survey

Amos Peek largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jan 16 04:02:07 2002

>From: "Dave Southwood" <lava@mweb.co.za>
>To: <largeformat@f32.net>
>Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Equipment Survey
>Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 07:51:50 +0200

david
nothing so complicated, after the war they had a standards meeting and
decided that they would have a "stop" variation on the speed dial so that
camera's could use the EV system of exposure that is still found on
rolliflexes ect, the reason I have read that its a multiplier of a 1/60, 60
125 250 ect is that focal plane shutter blinds are supposed to run at a 60th
of a second, then by halving the slit size you get this progression. blame
leitz.
Your lens in their day were the cream of the bunch and even today would be
snapped up. have you got the focusing mount for the sonnar, all zeiss oberk.
lenses for linhof are gold dust. try and get yourself the old linhot "large
format photography" book. bits often come up in studio sales and people just
have not got a clue what they are, the filter system that fits the clamp on
hood I still think is one of the best i have come accross. The enlarger
adaptor that fits the back of the camera is another.
Over the years I have had a super technica with a full set of lenses, Kardan
Colour still have a 220. But due to economic circumstances, my technica
helped to pay for my engagement ring and marriage put constaints of spending
on hobbies. I have allways had a love affair with linhof.
regards
Amos