[LargeFormat] Wisner and Ebony Field Cameras

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 12 23:28:08 2002

From: Clive Warren <cocam@cableinet.co.uk>
<snip>
I say "had convinced myself" because I have been looking at Ron
Wisner's Technical Field cameras and the Ebony cameras on their web
site. The Ebony cameras seem to handle shorter lenses better than the
Wisner - the Wisner cameras have wonderfully long bellows and will
out reach the Ebony. Both makes  of cameras are objects of desire and
beautifully made using traditional materials.

Are there people on the list using or who have used these cameras? If
so, some feedback on your experiences of using them would be very
useful.

Greetings,

I know you're asking about Wisner and Ebony cameras, but from your
requirements perhaps you might want to take a look at Canham as well.
Canham's bellows and camera design make easy work of using short lens' and
they have a generous bellows.  I use a 72XL on the 4x5, with standard
bellows and get plenty of movement.  I've also used the same camera with a
Fuji 450C.

Good luck Clive!

Regards, Pete