[LargeFormat] Projecting large format transparencies

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jan 10 20:26:02 2002

Do a search for Bausch & Lomb on ebay. I see lots of very old style
projectors. the old ones get up there in price, but the ones out of the
30s & 40s will cost more to ship than your bid price.

just make sure they are truly 4x5 and not "lantern" size of 3 1/4 x 4 1/2

You'll also have to do some tweaking unless you want to mount all your
transparencies in glass.

And don't project them too long either. My professor tells a story of
when he was under the direction of Minor White the had an assignment of
"The resurection of Christ"  My teach found this great spot with all
sorts of abstract crosses shot it &  got it to class. Minor showed it on
a projector and loved it1 went on an one about this and that and then,
as though through divine intervention, it went up in smoke!