[LargeFormat] lens

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jan 10 15:58:07 2002

the clarion has a great reputation as an apo lens. it will be dark as
most graphics lenses are slow, this should have decent movements.

the 127 ektar is a lengendary lens. it was designed to cover 3x4 but
covers 4x5 barely, don't expect any movements and the corners can be
soft at larger apertures. It's reputed to have the best color rendition
of all the ektars.

The two lenses are at least a generation apart.  Ektars have a date code
in the first two letters of the serial number

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
C A M E R O S I T Y

THUS A LENS MADE IN 1940 WILL BE EY. 50s generations will start with R
and rare 60s lenses will start with an O.