[LargeFormat] Fuji Quickchange Holders

mark blackman largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 8 03:04:20 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete Caluori" <pcaluori@hotmail.com>
<snip>

> Reloading the holder can be done as quickly as loading standard holders,
> once you figure out how.  Again, not havind seen a Grafmatic I can't
relate
> to it, but the Fuji septums have slots on three sides and a lip on the
> fourth.  It's difficult to simply slide a sheet in as in standard holders.
> I bow the sheet of film and slip it under one of the long slots, then
slide
> it down to the short slot.  I then pop the other long side under the third
> slot and gently push the sheet down, at which time it slips behind the lip
> at the top.  I know this sounds complicated, but it really is a lot easier
> to do than to describe.
>
> The options that this holder offers are wonderful.  Last year I carried 20
> holders and gear about 10 miles and almost ran out of film and I didn't
> bracket.  Had I had the QuickChange it would have made that hike much more
> comfortable.  If anyone gets one and has trouble unloading/loading it,
> please feel free to contact me.

Pete,
This sounds very similiar to a grafmatic, the only difference is that the
fuji holder is plastic and holds 8 sheets. What we can't tell yet is how
long lasting the QuickChange will be - the grafmatic was designed for reuse
and many are still in use after 40 years, whereas the Fuji system sounds
like a happy accident as it wasn't designed to be reloaded by users.