[LargeFormat] RE: LF Photographers in Canada?

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jan 4 17:01:18 2002

Tim,
I'm in Calgary
Lovely Chinook weather: +5 C today with an overnight low of -10 C
Out yesterday in Fish Creek Park (largish park in south Calgary -
coincidentally follows the valley of Fish Creek) taking photographs,
assisting a friend make the transition to LF from 35mm and trying out my
'new' Sinar. Was in the Rockies for New Years, but didn't manage any
serious photography - way to much fun on a 1.25km toboggan run from
Black Prince Cirque.
Alas, the lovely, lovely sundown was only captured on my 35mm
"lightmeter" as I had already used the one frame of Provia I had loaded.
The Chinook arch was going red with blue sky to the side.

I've managed to have a quick lunch with Brock in Kamloops, a longer
lunch with Don in Victoria (it looks like my territory responsibility
will change next week to include BC for 2002 so I'll be back to Victoria
for work). I know of Terry in Calgary & Dan in Winnipeg - both off the
list. Plan to be coming through Yellowknife on my way up to Resolute in
the summer of 2003 (the family hasn't completely agreed to Arctic
hiking).

Dave