[LargeFormat] Betax #5 and 12" Wolly Velos

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 22 11:02:01 2001

Have just had my Christmas present to me arrive in the post - a Betax
#5 intended for use with the 12" Wollensak Velostigmat soft focus
portrait lens that we have discussed here before.

Several of you have this lens and maybe one or two have the lens in a
Betax shutter. I am on a promise for some photos of the beast in a
Betax#5 - they'll go up in the f32 Forum.  In the meantime, I am
guessing that it'll be an easy process to simply screw in the front
and rear elements to the shutter. It's a guess because I have to
leave the lens at home whilst visiting relatives.......

The only thing that could stop this wonderful union is if Wollensak
manufactured individual spacers for the rear elements that screw into
the shutter body for particular lenses. Have only had time for a
quick look so far - if anyone has the 12" Wolly Velo in a Betax #5, I
would be very grateful for an accurate measurement from the end of
the rear threaded part of the shutter furthest away from the shutter
body to the end of the rear lens elements barrel. (hope that made
sense!)