[LargeFormat] Critiqueing Photos

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Sun Dec 9 12:49:17 2001

--part1_17c.6e8f3c.2944fc07_boundary

When I have the opportunity to juror  photographs, I look for IMPACT,
TECHNIQUE, and COMPOSITION. Unless a print has impact, a juror will not look
at it twice. The reality is that no two jurors will judge a show in the same
way. I've had photos win "best of show" in some exhibits and not even get an
honorable mention in others. Every juror brings their background, personal
experiences, bias, and other baggage. When it comes to art, I doubt if one
can, or should, be totally objective.

Dave D.

--part1_17c.6e8f3c.2944fc07_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>When I have the opportunity to juror &nbsp;photographs, I look for IMPACT, TECHNIQUE, and COMPOSITION. Unless a print has impact, a juror will not look at it twice. The reality is that no two jurors will judge a show in the same way. I've had photos win "best of show" in some exhibits and not even get an honorable mention in others. Every juror brings their background, personal experiences, bias, and other baggage. When it comes to art, I doubt if one can, or should, be totally objective. &nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Dave D. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></HTML>

--part1_17c.6e8f3c.2944fc07_boundary--