[LargeFormat] dry mounting

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Thu Nov 22 00:18:01 2001

To my way of thinking, the answer to this question depends on what sort of
condition the print is in.  I'm not familiar with the paper Dave is using...
does it dry flat and stay flat, or is the real problem getting it into a
flat state for framing?

If it drys flat, I would think that archival hinges along the top back with
a front mat board would be the way to go.  This is how I've always dealt
with Ilfochrome - the print hangs in the mat which sits in the frame that
hangs on the wall!  (which holds up the roof of the house Brock lives in...
sounds like Dr. Seuss doesn't it?)

Brock

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Southwood
To: largeformat@f32.net
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 5:07 AM
Subject: [LargeFormat] dry mounting

i am investigating ways to mount fuji archival paper. what would the best
substrate be on which to mount the colour prints, and which adhesive would
offer a quality, non-acidic, archival effect. in SA the range of specific
archival glues is very limited. i once heard of mounting photographs to
board with wax, any responses. if a print lies against glass can it effect
longevity? any advice on archival mounting welcome. thanks

dave southwood
flat 1, coronation mansions
42 warren street
tamboerskloof