[LargeFormat] List Server House Keeping - changing your EMail address

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Nov 21 08:12:34 2001

At 19:04 20/11/01 -0800, Les Newcomer wrote:
>Clive,
>
>I've been on this list long enough to have completely forgotton how to
>do anythign but talk!
>I'm going to be changing my email address soon and don't want to lose
>you or have my dead mail ricochet around the listserve. How do I change
>my email address?
>
>(yes I thought of doing this off line, but I figure it's been sometime
>since this stuff was talked about and maybe others need to know too.
>

>Les Newcomer

Hello Les,

Well we wouldn't want you to miss anything :-)

The link (URL) you need is in the headers to each mail message sent out by
the list:

The easiest way to change your Email address is to unsubscribe using your
current EMail address and the password you chose when subscribing.  Then
subscribe again using your new EMail address.

There is of course nothing to stop you from having two subscribed Email
addresses at the same time to ensure that you not miss anything.  Simply
unsubscribe the old address when you are happy all is working with the new
address.

Now, you do remember your password don't you.......  ;-)

Just in case you forgot to keep your password it has been sent out to you
again :-)  I cannot see any of the passwords so please do not ask me what
they are.  I can usually persuade the list server to send reminders out to
subscribers by Email address though.

One thing to remember is to change your "From" field in your Email client
to match you subscribed Email address or your posts will bounce

Please let me know if there are any further questions.

**New Topic Messages**
One other general point, most people do this, but can everyone please start
a new message in their Email client when they are starting a new topic.  If
you simply hit the reply button in your Email client and change the Subject
field,
then all the stuff you don't see in the EMail header does clever things
that completely muntifies the threading in the archive.  So, new topic =
new message. Thanks.