[LargeFormat] Film for larger LF cameras.

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Fri Oct 19 18:02:56 2001

>From: John Pass <johnp@novia.net>
>Hello everyone,
>
>First of all, let me say that I really appreciate the help this list has
>been to me - gained a lot
>of knowledge.  Plus, its well mannered too!
>
>On to the topic: I'm looking into the purchase of a larger size of LF
>cameras, those larger than 8x10.
>I'm interested in the "banquet" style cameras but I'm wondering where you
>get the film for them?
>
>A *casual* survey finds only the 11x14 size available in B&W.  Must one
>make their own?
>I know it's got to be out there.  I remember hearing (reading?) somwhere
>that you have to
>cut down larger sizes but I don't know remember hearing where to get it.
>Dare I even ask
>about color?
>
>Thanks for the help and the great list!
>
>John

Hi John,

First, I must state that I do not use anything larger than 8x10, but I do
recall seeing B&W film available for larger formats.  I can't say I ever
recall seeing larger sizes available in color.  For B&W you might want to
check B&H, Badger Graphics and Freestyle Sales, also the View Camera Store
may be able to help.  Good Luck!

Regards,  Pete