[LargeFormat] Polaroid Backs

Chuck Cox largeformat@f32.net
Sun Sep 30 07:58:22 2001

At 08:29 AM 9/30/2001 +0100, you wrote:

thermometer with the timer.

 <bold>From:</bold> <<mailto:stein@bekkers.com.au>Stein

on a Polly back reminds me of some of the older cameras that had this. I
find that I am pulling the proofs out with a hand that is attached to an
arm that has a wristwatch on it anyway so he extra timer would be a pest.
What you really need is a thermometer and a calender.

</smaller></fontfamily>

</excerpt>

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

I think you meant the 545 Pro.  From the Polaroid web site:

http://www.polaroid.com/products/instant_cameras/filmholders/545pro/index.html

"Features:

Timer: When an exposed sheet of film is pulled from the film holder,

a new built-in timer takes the guesswork out of when to peel apart the
film.

An audible signal is activated for the specific film type used.

<bold>The timing is even adjusted for changes in the ambient
temperature</bold>."

Not exactly a thermometer, but it may help.  Polariod sheet film is
really

time/temperature sensitive and since I use it only for proofs,
consistant

results are important and - alas - hard to get.

Chuck

<bigger>Take Care and God Bless,

Chuck

Out the 10Base-T, through the router,