Re[6]: [LargeFormat] MF + movements

philip Lambert largeformat@f32.net
Sun Sep 2 15:30:01 2001

Dear Frantisek,
I think you may find the outcome unsatisfactory at 20x24inches but try it
anyway. As I recall it the 65mm f8 S Angulon is in the same little shutter
as the 65 Angulon but the rear glass might be too big to fit through the
bellows throat but why not inspect an f8 S Angulon and measure it?.
I don't know what Ebay charges for slides but I might have a couple of 2x3
slides if I can gett my hands on them .  I would want ten pounds cash plus
postage for two but you could pay me in dollar equivalent if that makes any
difference.  I will look.
As to the 450 Apotessar, it must weigh quite a lot so you would certainly
need to support it independently. I just made an extended lens panel out of
layers of plywood and a black plastic rainwater downspout-to-downspout
joiner tube.  I only extended the bellows about 70mm but it enabled the use
of a 305mm ReproClaron on a 6x9 Linhof monorail such that I could photograph
flowering plants at 3 metres approx. I haven't finished the film so I don't
know if it works.  If you can get a cheap and light Kodak Ektar 203mm f7.7
in shutter it should work on your 2x3 Graphic with a similar short extension
but the extension would be quite tricky to construct on a small lensboard.
At the moment I am trying to make an adapter to fit a lensboard upside down
on my Linhof but that's a different problem.  I don't know whether I take
less photographs than I should but I certainly enjoy these little
modifications.... Philip
> Hi Philip,
> 1) I enlarge B&W myself mostly up to 30x40cm (11x15.5") which is pretty
small for medium format, but I plan to upgrade to 50x60cm (20x24") when I
get to building the vertical slots developing "processor" (ala Nova). So at
these magnifications (5x and 8.5x), I guess it would be still acceptably
sharp for me even with movements.
>  Super-Ang. are more like triple expensive here than plain angulongs
( but that's what Ebay's for :)
> Twice the size - you mean it propably won't fit in the small lensboard?
>
> 2) 6x9 holders - I thought a good and cheap source of 6x9 would be Mamiya
holders for Press and Super 23 until I learned that they are not
"international" or "graflok" type, they fit only Mamiya. What is the common
price of older, cheaper 6x9 holders on Ebay or elsewhere, please?