Re[2]: [LargeFormat] MF + movements

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Aug 30 09:40:15 2001

At 11:34 29/08/01 +0200, Frantisek Vlcek wrote:
big snip
>BTW, I thought more about Speed vs. Century (no focal-plane shutter),
>although the 2nd accepts supposedly even 47mm SA and 35 Apo Grandagon,
>such super-sides are out of my budget anyway. The best I can hope for
>financially would be a 65 plain Angulon, which is still plenty wide on
>6x9cm I think. Also, the Speed goes for less then the Century, and if
>it has at least one 'moment' exposure plus bulb working, I can use
>barreled lenses easily as you said.
>
>Best regards,
>      Frantisek

You may like to consider the 2x3 Crown Graphic which, similar to the
Century, will allow the use of shorter focal lengths.  There is also the
Miniature Speed Graphic dating from the 30's which is actually rather a
nice camera.  I have both Crown and Miniature and use the Miniature in
preference. Probably because the mechanics of the camera are rather
appealing and it has an Art Deco look and feel about it......  There was a
'factory' upgrade kit available for the Miniature to convert it to a
Graflok style back, so some of these upgraded cameras are very usable
indeed.  Like the Speed Graphic, the Miniature will not allow use of the
shorter focal lengths.

Cheers,   Clive