[LargeFormat] home densitometry

Don Wilkes largeformat@f32.net
Wed Aug 15 12:13:07 2001

At 05:26 PM 8/14/01 -0500, Daniel J. Hein wrote:

>Well, I am sure many others will have more knowledge, but Phil Davis's
>Beyond the Zone System has detailed plans on converting a Pentax spotmeter
>into a densitometer.

Thanks, Dan -- I'll see if the library has a copy at lunch today.

> Personnally, I have found it much easier to buy a
>Kodak Reflection Transmission Densitometer via ebay.

If I was in the States, that would probably be a good option.  Living in
Canada jacks up the price considerably, what with much higher shipping
costs, exchange rate, and (possibly) import duties.  Rats.  Getting a real
densitometer is the better way to go, for sure, but perhaps I'll learn more
by building one <grin>.

Cheers,
\dw