[LargeFormat] Durst 138S focusing problem

Don Wilkes largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 20 14:56:02 2001

At 11:10 AM 6/20/01 +0100, Clive Warren wrote:

>Glad it was useful.  The screws on the track are accessed through the holes
>on the front of the focussing column so you won't need to move the beast

Really?  I hadn't noticed any access holes on the front.  I shall have to
have a closer look!

>photos you sent me a while ago it seems that your 138S is one of the latest
>or maybe even last models that were made.

I think it's from about 1978, so it is sort of 'modern'.

>Perhaps you would be willing to post one of your photos of your 138S to the
>f32 Discussion Forum so that peops can see which model we are talking
>about.  Let me know.

I wouldn't mind at all, but the few I have don't show the bits under
discussion.  My construction mate and I snapped off a couple of low-rez
frames right after installing the enlarger, and the focusing side is pretty
close to the right-hand wall, and thus not in the shots.

Just now, I tried to register on f32.net, but the registration form sort of
timed out on me when I hit the submit button.  I assume one has to be
registered in order to submit photos to the discussion... Oh, and how does
one do that, assuming registration's complete?  It's not at all obvious.

>A crank on the focusing knob would be a useful addition to my machine/s -
>hmmm..... probably clearing the darkroom is more important :-)

The knob on the 138 is remarkably similar to the one Durst put on their
smaller enlargers such as the M600, if you're at all familiar with those.
And, yes, you should tidy up your room before you catch heck from mummy :}

\dw