[LargeFormat] Durst 138S focusing problem

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 20 06:22:42 2001

At 08:32 19/06/01 -0700, Don Wilkes wrote:
>At 12:42 AM 6/19/01 +0100, Clive Warren wrote:
>
> >Have placed some photos and an explanation on the f32 Discussion Forum :-)
> >
> >Use this link to go directly to the discussion:
> >   http://www.f32.net/cgi-local/discus/show.cgi?3/34
> >
> >Please respond to the list and the forum, thank you.
>
>Many thanks for posting the photos. Your points about the small screws on
>the track and the possibility that the previous owner did a lot of one
>format are well taken.  I'll make the effort to haul the beast out of its
>corner, and see if tightening the screws has any effect.  The head on my
>enlarger looks slightly different -- the focus knob has a flip-out crank,
>and I don't recognize some of the bits on yours, such as that "jib" screw
snip

Don,

Glad it was useful.  The screws on the track are accessed through the holes
on the front of the focussing column so you won't need to move the beast
for checking those - just a long shanked screwdriver. From looking at the
photos you sent me a while ago it seems that your 138S is one of the latest
or maybe even last models that were made. Guess that there were some minor
modifications made to machines over the years.

Perhaps you would be willing to post one of your photos of your 138S to the
f32 Discussion Forum so that peops can see which model we are talking
about.  Let me know.

A crank on the focusing knob would be a useful addition to my machine/s -
hmmm..... probably clearing the darkroom is more important :-)

Let us know how you get on.