[LargeFormat] Glorious weekend....

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Mon May 14 10:28:21 2001

I use a 65 SA on my Crown  without a problem. Since all of my clients
want prints I rarely compose to the corners, usually cropping a 1/16"
inprinting.  Never shot it lower than f11 so I don't know about
sharpness below that.

Maybe it's just me but I've been know to tweak a couple of mm of rise
out of it, granted stuck inside a Crown, that's about all I could get.

I posted a grab shot of a photo in my office, it's 16x20 so I couldn't
scan it, so forgive the amatuerish copyjob.  This was shot with a 65 SA
on a Calumet 4x5 with about 3/8"-5/16" of rise, cropped very little. In
the upper right corner you can see a glimpse of a white header that ran
accross the top. The corners vignetted and it was obvious so I had the
lab open flash the header into (near) oblivion

http:www.ismi.net/~lnphoto/cobo.JPG

I just did some testing with a 58 Grandagon on my Crown, I hope to post
something soon. as Crocodile Dunee might say, "Now THAWT'S a wyde angle lens!"

Les