[LargeFormat] List Activity and Hello!

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Apr 17 04:42:03 2001

At 08:41 12/04/01 -0700, Don Wilkes wrote:
>At 02:28 PM 4/12/01 +0100, Clive Warren wrote:
>
> >Where is everyone?
>
>Right here, Clive...
>
>But, on the weekend, my sweetie and I are off to a cabin of some sorts over
>on the west coast of the island (Vancouver Island), and I'll be dragging
>the old Calumet rail 4x5 along.  The weather today could only be charitably
>described as "iffy", so I have no great hopes of stunning landscapes unless
>things improve remarkably.  Sigh.  But, hey -- it's only mid-April, so what
>can one expect on the Wet Coast of Canada?
>
>Speaking of "spring: -- I sure wish I could spring for a spotmeter;
>dragging the Calumet and tripod around is enough of a pain without having
>to sling the Nikon's bag on my shoulder as well so I'll have some sort of
>meter!  Dig as I may in my old-photo-stuff boxes, I can't locate the
>ancient Weston I swear should be there.  Rats...wonder what ever became of it?
>
>Oh well, what can one say?  Life's an adventure, and things usually work out.
>
>Happy weekend shooting, everyone.
>\donw

Hello Don,

Hope you had a good weekend with the Calumet and great to hear from someone
on the list!

Despite the best laid plans, the weather was not good here in the South
West of England - Sunday was a great day for landscapes in terms of clouds
but there was a strong wind blowing so ended up doing house type things
over the weekend.

Sometimes it's good to simply take time out and not do anything too serious.

Did you get any good shots?

All the best,
                 Clive   http://www.f32.net
                         Large Format Travel and Stock Photography