[LargeFormat] upgrading a Super Angulon

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 18 19:47:22 2001

At 4:36 pm +0000 17/3/01, philip Lambert wrote:
>I have the opportunity to upgrade from  a 47mm f8 Super Angulon to an f5.6
>version, (similar vintage) used on Arca 6x9 negatives and transparencies.
>The f5.6 has a much bigger front cell, relatively speaking (it's still  a
>small lens). Apart from a brighter screen image does the f5.6 SA give wider
>coverage or better corner illumination/definition that the f8 ?  The extra
>cost is about $75 but the f5.6 sticks on B and might need a service.  I have
>some statistics about the f5.6 but nothing comparable for the F8.  Thanks
>Philip

There are a set of lens specs on the f32 sites which include coverage
for the f5.6 and f8 Super Angulon.  The f5.6 gives 170mm image circle
whilst the f8 gives 155mm.

There was a 65mm f8 on its way to me from the US but it seems to have
been lost in the post :-(

--
All the best,

             Clive Warren   http://www.f32.net
                            Large Format travel and stock photography