[LargeFormat] Seeking info: B&J No 3a Rexo

Guy Glorieux largeformat@f32.net
Tue Mar 13 21:33:38 2001

Les Newcomer wrote:

> I'll bet its 122.  I've got a 122 camera (HUGE kodak folder) and the
> bellows look like their 3.5" wide.  Dick Haviland sells odd size film
> Ijust can't remember the name of his website. Classic Film? or something
>
> Les

Right on, Les!

I've got a couple of those, they're Kodak 3-A's.  Even have a special back with a
focusing screen that you load with a film/plate holder.  The format is 3 1/4  by
5 1/2 inches.  The film is 122 rollfilm.  If I'm correct, a roll of film will
take 5 pictures.

Dick Haviland's  place is called Film for Classics
http://www.camera-exchange.com/ffc2.htm
and I just checked, he does have 122 roll film, Verichrome Pan ISO 125 ($16.00
per roll).  He's got plenty of other formats as well, for those interested.  He
also has the odd-sized spools to go with.

This is new, since I remember having checked a couple of years ago and he did'nt
have the 122 format.  I better check that the bellows on my camera are OK but
looks like I'm in for some fun with my 3-A's, at last!

At some time in the past, I bought a whole bunch of spools, some with unprocessed
film on them.  I did'nt have any problem getting even the 122 sized film process
at my lab.  They just feed the film in their machine and off it goes in the
chemicals.  A couple of these old films yielded rather bland pictures, except one
which had obviously been shot by a high-class street photographer.  Whom?  I'll
never know.

Cheers,

Guy Glorieux