[LargeFormat] Seeking info: B&J No 3a Rexo

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Mon Mar 12 21:40:09 2001

Back in the teens/twenties Graflex made a 3.25 x 5.5 Speed Graphic as
well as at least one SLR. In Richard Paine's book "A Review of Graflex"
he refers to it as "postcard format" although that name as been used by
a lot of large size roll film cameras.

This Graphic was the first to have a removable spring back to allow for
a roll back. This roll back used 5.5" spools and roll the film from
bottom to top or top to bottom.

By the thirties this size was abandoned by Graflex for the 4x5 or 3.25 x
4.25 cameras.

The name of the shutter is Acme, it was made by Ilex, which I would
assume to be from the 40s or 50s not the teens.

Les