[LargeFormat] Polaroid in cold

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 8 17:52:33 2001

Based on this experience taking some Polaroid on a short winter trip (say 3
or 4 days snowshoeing or skiing) with a temperature of -15 C (5 F) should be
ok - but I should put the packets inside my jacket to warm-up before
starting developing and develop inside my jacket.

My interest in Polaroid stems from an observation that both of my older
shutters get more variable in the cold and I was hoping the Polaroid would
help me know how variable - but the variable ISO and a variable shutter is a
challenge.

If I understand the ISO right.. if I shoot at ISO 100 at an ambient of 0 C
(32 F) and develop at 15 C (60 F) my ISO was really 60 when I shot the
picture?

Dave