[LargeFormat] RE:Mail Grief

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 8 00:54:06 2001

As before sorry for the grief with the Polaroid Winter message.

I am on a pilot for a wireless e-mail device (which is handy as it used to
deliver all Large Format list mail to me wherever I was and I travel a lot
for work), and we are doing a change in our e-mail service over the weekend.
My account was moved from one service to another. In the course of this move
apparently a very large number of e-mail messages were generated between my
corporate e-mail services. The Polaroid Winter message dropped into a loop
and a relatively small number were sent out, and made it to the list.

Quick work on the part of our technical people and Clive minimised the
disruption for everyone as only 20 or so made it to the list - my full mail
log shows a few order of magnitude more being sent. Its nice to know the
technical steps taken to prevent mail-storms work.

While the problem resulted from a unique set of circumstances, and is being
investigated further, to minimise any risk I've taken the 'redirection' of
this list's mail to my wireless device off.

Sorry again.

regards Dave