[LargeFormat] Rapax shutter CLA

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Mon Feb 26 21:24:01 2001

Somebody on this list will probably want to smash my hands in the
ferrotyping machine, but I always thought the Rapax and the Graphex
shutter are/were the same.

I have taken the front off, the speed selector off (the equivialent of
removing the air cleaner) and looking under the bonnet. On occassion the
'splash and dash' trick--hit it with aerosol Trichlor, or contact
cleaner has worked for me.  It removes the old oil from the pivot points
and I re-lube with some clock oil and a toothpick. I won't say it
replaces a good engine rebuild, but it may delay it. However, I will
reluctantly admit this does not work when oil is on the blades.

Les