[LargeFormat] Scanning B&W negs in colour

Pam Niedermayer largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 21 23:06:44 2001

Yes, definitely keep at it, getting high quality scans is not a
trivial effort. If there were any real connection between PS and
scanning software, most likely it was simply the 256 number, since 256
can be represented in 8 bits, or one word on older pc's. These days
words are much longer, of course, but this is the type of thing that
could be held over in pursuit of compatibility.

I've only done a few scans on the Opal, primarily to test out the link
between scanning LF and making enlarged digital negs/digital prints
via Piezography. So far there aren't any particular problems; but it
doesn't make a lot of difference, the Opal is no longer made, and I
think they were few and far between even when in production.

Pam

--
Pamela G. Niedermayer
Pinehill Softworks Inc.