[LargeFormat] quiet, projects, magnola

Guy Glorieux largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 21 19:14:54 2001

Frantisek wrote:

> Now, I (because I am sad for not getting the Magnola earlier) am trying to
> make an 18x24cm wideangle pinhole from some cardboard or plastic.

Beware Frantisek, the surgeon general has determined that pinhole photography is an
addictive activity which can be detrimental to mental health.  Pinholers will
eventually want to turn anything into their playful games: some use crackers as
pinholes with their oatmeal boxes while others will even turn their Volkswagen van
into a LF pinhole camera (search for Ilan Wolff on the web).  I know from personal
experience that when you start on the slippery slope of pinholin', there is no turning
back...  There is no cure for the disease!  (a bit like LF photography, I suppose)
...-:))

> I want to be able to put 18x24cm paper & film into it, so I need to get some cheap
> 18x24cm holders...

Eventually, you may find that you don't want to be constrained by the flat holders and
you start dreaming of new ways of inflicting curves and twists to your paper of
film...  (Clive, I guess I'm going to be blasted for talking this way on this list)

> At the same time, I am thinking if a curved film plane design wouldn't be
> better/nicer... I already have some pictures in mind which I would photograph using
> this.

 Can't wait to see what will come up...

Cheers

Guy Glorieux