[LargeFormat] quiet, projects, magnola

Frantisek largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 21 12:56:07 2001

Clive, it's good that at least somewhere in the world is good weather :)
It's pretty cold and overcast here, with no sunshine only wind. I saw a 5
minute window of sunlight shining on the old historic city, but of course,
without any camera on me :)

	I have not yet bought it. Although it comes somewhat frequently into the
s/h shop, somebody bought the one I was asking about before me. And now,
there are no others yet. But I got some feedback about it, saying that most
people who have it must use sheet adapters into the holders, which are
plate holders, not film holders. So I don't know now, if I could get some
commonbrand used 13x18 sheetfilm holders and put them into the Magnola,
instead of the original (?) plate holders? I am still not sure how are the
different LF systems compatible. Ie I know that there are basically two
types of backs, 1) International (Graflok?) and 2) Normal (the older). Now
all new cameras use the 1) system? And what about the older ones using the
2) system - are the holders from say MPP V usable on some other 4x5" camera?
	thanks!

	Now, I (because I am sad for not getting the Magnola earlier) am trying to
make an 18x24cm wideangle pinhole from some cardboard or plastic. I want to
be able to put 18x24cm paper & film into it, so I need to get some cheap
18x24cm holders... At the same time, I am thinking if a curved film plane
design wouldn't be better/nicer... I already have some pictures in mind
which I would photograph using this.

Good light!

	Frantisek