[LargeFormat] Large Format Lenses

Verna Knapp largeformat@f32.net
Sun Feb 4 11:52:00 2001

That depends on what kind of landscape work you do and where. I make
a lot of use of movements, going to the limit regularly with my
Canham. I'm working in Oregon, and when I get up in the mountains,
the movements are very useful. The ground can be very rough, and I
cannot always stand where I would wish. Also, the trees here can be
very tall (several hundred feet, sometimes), and that leads to more
uses for movements. Also, making sure both foreground and distance
are in focus can require using the movements. The land here is far
from flat! I like my lenses to have plenty of coverage. I have to
be careful to check lens coverage when in the field.

Verna