[LargeFormat] Large Format Lenses

Karl Wolz largeformat@f32.net
Sun Feb 4 11:10:01 2001

Stretch your budget by buying used lenses.  Get a couple or three older
lenses.

If you're primarily doing landscape work, you're not going to be making very
much use of the lenses movements and don't need nearly as much coverage as
that provided by the Super Symmar.

In the final image, lens quality (to a point) is not nearly as critical as
are vision and technique.

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message -----
From: "rlb" <rlb@triad.rr.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2001 7:47 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Large Format Lenses

Thanks for the reply.

This will be my first LF system.  I have been shooting 35mm and medium
format for years.  The camera will be for mostly landscapes,  historical
documentation and rural settings.  In the past I have always favored
slightly wide angle lenses.  With my Leica M6 I have a 24mm(60%), 35mm(25%)
and 50mm.  Same is true with my medium format systems as well.   According
to Jeff at Badger Graphics the 110 mm has coverage equal to a 28mm on a 35mm
format.  I don't see myself using the camera for close up work.    My budget
will only allow one lens at the price of the Schneider. I will add others
later.

Additional comments are appreciated.

Bob