[LargeFormat] Gundlach 4x5 Korona Anast. f6.3 Series 6x

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jan 8 04:44:05 2001

At 12:42 06/01/01 +0000, Clive Warren wrote:
>Have been finding some rather interesting lenses recently. This one is a
>Gundlach 4x5 Korona Anast. f6.3 Series 6x made in Fairport NY rather than
>the earlier Manhattan versions. This one is interesting as it is in a
>Wollensak Rapax shutter with no synch and is a convertible 6 1/4", 8", and 12".
snippety

When referring to the earlier Gundlach lenses I should have stated
Rochester as the location of the earlier factory as marked on the
lenses.That what comes of relying on memory rather than going into the room
with the camera and lens and having a look to make sure.

Anyway, if anyone else has one and would like to pass on their experiences
in using it then I would be very interested - as probably would others on
the list or archive searchers.  One thing which I have read about the
Gundlach and Turner-Reich lenses is that they need to be used with an
orange filter if using separate front or rear element groups in the
"conversion mode".

All the best,
                 Clive   http://www.f32.net
                         Large Format Travel and Stock Photography