[LargeFormat] Frost

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jan 1 13:44:07 2001

Went out on the 30th snow-shoeing with my LF camera (just a quick day-trip
in the foothills) no problems with frost. Thanks to all for your earlier
advice about frost on the ground-glass. Between holding my breath and being
careful about breathing I managed not to get any frost on the ground-glass.

Discovered that the hood of my gortex shell makes a reasonable dark-cloth.
My only problem was with my Nikon F70 light-meter - its batteries just don't
do well in the cold.

BTW, I am definitely on the look-out for a field camera after packing the
Calumet Monorail around (although its all-metal battleship-like construction
was handy when the tripod hit a pocket in the snow and fell over).

Happy New Year.

regards Dave