[LargeFormat] Glassless

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Dec 8 05:33:27 2000

At 7:29 pm -0800 7/12/00, john frost wrote:
>  >>snip
>Thanks guys for the feedback - just confirmed my own misgivings about
>using glass carriers again.  I will try them out but guess I am
>looking for the glassless carrier inserts for the 138S. The cardboard
>versions I made do not grip the film enough to keep it flat.
>
>>>snip
>
>Might try balsa or basswood, or spruce from your local model airplane
>hobby shop.
>They also have plywood from 1/64th inch to 1/4th inch.

Now that's an option I hadn't considered. Had thought about making
some metal carriers for the holder though. The main advantage of the
metal holders are that it is easier to fabricate location pins. Will
have a think about using wood though, thanks.
--
All the best,

             Clive Warren   http://www.f32.net
                            Large Format travel and stock photography