[Jacob-list] Wool Mattress

TL Higgins ranchrat at telusplanet.net
Wed Jan 27 14:49:07 EST 2016

Heel low:

Had Jacobs since 2003, so I have hundreds of pounds of Jacob fleeces
that I have shorn and stored...good thing as I would like to make a wool
mattress, king size running about five inches deep.  I like a firm
mattress and I see some on offer for over $2,600 US...thinking Whoo
Hoo...eh!

Anyone made one or know of the existence of a wool mattress?  I hear
they may be restuffed and hung out on the line in the sunshine every so
often with some over 50 years young!  Wool is naturally fire repellent
and since my sheep have not been exposed to any noxious chemicals...not
like a new mattress with things like memory foam and glues, etc. to
poison you with.  Hoping to make a naturally wonderful sleeping
arrangement.  I also have four ganders to  process and thinking...add
some feather pillows and voila...natural self-sufficiency at its finest.

Is anyone able to assist moi in this rather fun project?  :-D

Doggone,

Tara
Alberta, Canada