[Jacob-list] Twins x 2-----Same ewe?...

Peg Bostwick peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com
Sun Apr 20 09:50:26 EDT 2014

Close. We've found a ewe in the morning nursing a single lamb, and then a
few days later she's had twins.... this has happened three times now. We
figured it out the first time after some serious pondering - the ewe STOLE
the first lamb from another who had twins the same day. Then eventually her
own arrived. If the ewe is close, her milk will come in and she will insist
the lamb is hers....

I haven't had one steal twins. That is more of a puzzle. But is there any
chance another of your ewes lambed on Thursday? Maybe a first timer who was
easily confused when your other ewe claimed her lambs?

Good luck...

Peg Bostwick
peg at sweetgrass-jacobs.com
517-626-6981