[Jacob-list] Jacob sheep: St. Jude's Farm flock dispersal

Marilyn McBirney macrisingsunfarm at comcast.net
Sat Jul 6 19:17:17 EDT 2013

Hello all and especially Fred,

My heartfelt thanks Fred for all you have done over many, many years for the
Jacob Sheep! I groaned out loud when I saw your post - reviewed your
website and checked out the wonderful old gals and their pedigrees with
nostalgia. I first started taking care of Jacob sheep at the Houston Zoo in
1983. After moving to Colorado to work at the zoo here I purchased my own
Jacob's (Maverick, Rockies, Fieldwood lines) and started a flock in 1993.
After 10 years I just couldn't afford it and made the difficult to decision
to disperse my flock. I still keep my hand in sheep thru a Fieldwood line
ewe (now 13 years old) and her offspring at the Pueblo Zoo. I have
watched, monitored and lurked thru the years and loved reading Fred's posts,
loved the research and scientific perspective, and the non-biased opinions.
Fred - I hope you will continue to monitor and give feedback on the
listserve. I hope some breeders will help keep those great lines going!
Thank you for you dedication! (and a tip of the hat to all of you breeders
that keep the breed going). My very best wishes -

Marilyn McBirney

Rising Sun Farm

Pueblo, Colorado