[Jacob-list] processing

Katherine Williamson katherine1958 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 16:46:42 EST 2013

We've had Jacob sheep for years, but we'll process our first ones (rams) in
a couple of weeks.

I'd appreciate any suggestions - what to do before, how long to hang, what
cuts you like, special instructions, etc.

We're using a local deer processor who is expanding into sheep, cattle,
goats, etc. He said as long as it's legal, he'll do it. He's had people
come in and pray over the animals, ask for all the parts back, want them
killed in a certain way and so forth. He said it won't be a problem to
save the fleece for us.

Any advice?

Kathey
in Georgia where the sky is black a night today